Even though your circuit breaker may appear to be in the “ON” position, it is entirely possible that it has tripped internally without moving to the “OFF” position.
If you believe that your loss of power was caused by a tripped circuit breaker, then follow these steps:
- Always make sure that computer equipment is shut off before flipping any breakers.
- At your breaker panel, start by flipping the first breaker switch to the “OFF” position and then back on.
- Repeat this step with each and every breaker on your panel until all of them have been flipped off and then back on.
- Check the area that you had lost power in to see if it is back on.
- If this has solved your problem, then you are done. If you still don’t have any power, then it is time to give your local electrician a call.
Believe it or not, this will fix nearly 25% of all electrical issues!